Steve had asked me a couple nights ago what I wanted for Valentine's Day and I answered nothing, especially not roses because they are so absurdly expensive during this season, just take me out for a nice dinner with just the two of us and that is all I wanted.
Today he walks in with two dozen roses (he did buy them off the side of the road, without a vase, so they weren't much at all, otherwise I would have died, but they were still beautiful, with one dozen being white, the other dozen being red and I arranged them in my own vase) and then he said he had bought me something else. He goes into the other room and walks back in with something in a big bag and pulls the bag off and there is this beautiful picture. My first thing I said was "OH, you bought my picture" and then I saw the strange look on Steve's face. I was thinking that he and I had been together when I saw this picture at Linens-n-Things, but then realized I had been with my cousin Sue Mydock when I saw this picture. The day she and I went shopping together I debated forever about wanting to buy this picture, but decided not to because I had already spent so much money that day on redoing my living room that I didn't want to spend any extra money. My next thing I said was "Did you talk to Sue?" and he shook his head no. He had just on a whim decided to walk through Linens-N-Things today to see if anything jumped out at him and this picture did. He said it reminded him of us (that is exactly what I thought when I saw this picture). The whole thing kind of gives me chills. The fact that a picture I was so drawn to and wanted to buy, he didn't know anything about it, but was drawn to the same picture and just had to buy it for me.
This is the note he had written and attached to the back of the picture...
In this picture I see a closeness with this couple that I feel with us. Enjoying every moment, not in any hurry, the air filled with love. Also, I see the streets are empty but I feel it doesn't matter because all I need is you. You make my life full, you make me truely happy, because I have everything I ever wanted and more. To the woman I will always love, Happy Valentine's Day. Stephen
Well, needless to say the whole thing brought me to tears and it was so sweet and this picture and note will always mean a whole lot to me. I have a wonderful Husband, Lover and Friend in my man. Thank you babe for making this day and every day so great!
Today he walks in with two dozen roses (he did buy them off the side of the road, without a vase, so they weren't much at all, otherwise I would have died, but they were still beautiful, with one dozen being white, the other dozen being red and I arranged them in my own vase) and then he said he had bought me something else. He goes into the other room and walks back in with something in a big bag and pulls the bag off and there is this beautiful picture. My first thing I said was "OH, you bought my picture" and then I saw the strange look on Steve's face. I was thinking that he and I had been together when I saw this picture at Linens-n-Things, but then realized I had been with my cousin Sue Mydock when I saw this picture. The day she and I went shopping together I debated forever about wanting to buy this picture, but decided not to because I had already spent so much money that day on redoing my living room that I didn't want to spend any extra money. My next thing I said was "Did you talk to Sue?" and he shook his head no. He had just on a whim decided to walk through Linens-N-Things today to see if anything jumped out at him and this picture did. He said it reminded him of us (that is exactly what I thought when I saw this picture). The whole thing kind of gives me chills. The fact that a picture I was so drawn to and wanted to buy, he didn't know anything about it, but was drawn to the same picture and just had to buy it for me.
This is the note he had written and attached to the back of the picture...
In this picture I see a closeness with this couple that I feel with us. Enjoying every moment, not in any hurry, the air filled with love. Also, I see the streets are empty but I feel it doesn't matter because all I need is you. You make my life full, you make me truely happy, because I have everything I ever wanted and more. To the woman I will always love, Happy Valentine's Day. Stephen
Well, needless to say the whole thing brought me to tears and it was so sweet and this picture and note will always mean a whole lot to me. I have a wonderful Husband, Lover and Friend in my man. Thank you babe for making this day and every day so great!

No comments:
Post a Comment