A few months ago on a Sunday afternoon we were at Mary and Ricks for Sunday dinner. I asked Mary to try to take a good family picture of us. Because Connor loves to swing on the backporch swing and he also happens to love his Aunt Mary and anytime you tell him to say Mary, he gives a great grin, we decided to try to take our family picture on the swing, with Mary taking the picture. She snapped this picture at the perfect moment and it was a great picture of all of us.
The only thing I didn't care for was the background of red chairs, etc, etc. I knew there was a thing called photo shopping where people can do amazing things with it, and I tried to fiddle around with it for a little while, but got absolutely no where.
I have known Jennifer Byler since she was a little girl, (she used to play with "my little girl", Shemila Ebanks all the time when they were both young and lived on campus) and she is one of the most artistic people I know. She can do anything and everything when it comes to being artistic and creative. Paint, draw, sew(you ought to see what she can do to a jean skirt, etc), she takes incredible pictures, and much more. So I thought I would send her our picture and see what she could do with it.
Here is the original.
We cropped Connor out of the picture to get a picture of just him since it is impossible to get a good picture of him like this.
And here is what she did. I just think it is absolutely incredible that you can do things like this.
I know this took quite a bit of time, and wanted to send Jen a gift card or something for all her time, but she just insisted that she did it for a friend. Thanks Jen!! I love checking out your page all the time for all the creative and artistic pictures you have. I just think you are simply amazing. I really apprecite you doing this for me!


8 comments:
Well - I'LL aaccept a gift card!!!! (big, cheesy grin)
Wow, You really did get some nice pictures out of a quick shot by Mary and some creative ideas from Jen. Who needs a photo lab when you have friends like these. I love the one of Conner. The light on his face really sets it off.
awww charlene... way to inflate my head to the size of a hot air baloon! =] HAHHA JK... but yah .. anyhow so happy you like the pictures!!! (and thanks for the informal reference=) Jen... jbylerphotography.blogspot.com
That is so cool! I love it!
Charlene,
Love your blog it is so good to see your gorgeous boys! I love the phot at the top I thought it was a professional one until I kept reading--really cool!
Wow! I'm impressed, too. I need to figure out how to do things like that. That would be handy! The photos look professional.
I love this picture of you family! Way to coordinate an outfit. I always have trouble doing that since I am the only girl. I think I will have to steal your idea a little bit. You have a very beautiful family and I have really enjoyed reading your blogs!
p.s. I had to laugh when I read Mary's comment about the gift card. Now THAT is a sister for you! :-)
Post a Comment