Tuesday, April 3, 2007
A Chocolate bunny of the breathing kind.
Bryce came in from playing outside a little over a week ago and said Mommy there is some kind of little animal in our backyard. I went out to see and it was the tiniest baby bunny I had ever seen. The picture makes him look bigger than he really was. I looked everywhere for his bunny hole but couldn't find it and I really didn't want to leave him out in the middle of our yard because it was windy, the sun was really beating down and Connor could step right on it without seeing it. I called my niece Jessica and she came over and tried to make it a little nest out of grass and big leaves and moved it into a flower bed nearby. Bryce decided it had to have a name and said since it was brown he would be named Chocolate. I thought that was fitting for more than just the color since it is Easter/Spring time and time for chocolate bunnies.
For a couple days he would just burrow down into any little place he could find in the vicinity that we first found him.
Then one morning I was sitting at my computer an looked out and saw a big bunny jumping around frantically and I saw him catch the baby bunnies scent and vice versa and they lunged for each other. You can't see it in the picture but the baby bunny is under this Mommy bunny just nursing away. After she was done eating the Mommy bunny cleaned the baby with her little tongue for a long time. It was so cute to watch.
Before we left for Orlando I couldn't find Chocolate for a couple days and thought he was gone. On Saturday I got a phone call from Brenda and she excitedly told me she had found Chocolate and they had found his original bunny hole and he as already getting big and was hopping around.
Last night Bryce excitedly came in and told me there was another little bunny in our backyard and went I went outside and saw him I explained that this was Chocolate and he had just gotten bigger. Bryce couldn't believe that bunnies grow so fast. He was very excited to see Chocolate again and wishes he could just keep him forever. Chocolate held so still for the longest time as Bryce talked and talked to him last night. It was so cute. Spring is definitely here and we have enjoyed having Chocolate for at least a short time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment