We got a boat! It is a ten year old, 18 foot, Sea Ray. It seats 9-12 people and the boat and motor are in great shape. It needs some cosmetic changes, like the seats being recovered, and new carpet put down. We are going to get a canopy for it and are going to be putting the name I came up with on both sides. Catching Rays. As in catching sun rays and since it is a sea ray, etc.
Last night Steve, Bryce and I (Connor stayed with Grandma, because I don't think he would enjoy it at this point) went out on it for the first time and my sister Brenda and her husband and two kids went with us. Jamie, our brother-in-law, who owns a boat himself, was a great and patient teacher who gave Steve a lot of good pointers. We picked up subs and stopped at a little park and ate our supper. Even though it is kind of windy and the water was a little choppy, it was still so nice and relaxing.
I love anything to do with the water and sun, so am completely thrilled that we now have our own boat to go out in anytime we want and I think our little Sea Ray is going to get a lot of use out of it.
Besides it being able to really get up and go for the fun of a nice fast ride, it also will be great to wakeboard, ski or hydroslide behind and the rack above the boat has holders for them. It will also be used for a nice, relaxing ride in the evenings. One thing Steve and I are looking forward to, once it gets all it's cosmetic changes, is taking friends out on a weekend and going to one of our favorite restaurants Jetty's. It will be nice for a change, instead of driving our car is taking our boat and pulling right up to Jetty's dock and having dinner.
This boat is going to bring a lot of fun and enjoyment into our lives.
Last night Steve, Bryce and I (Connor stayed with Grandma, because I don't think he would enjoy it at this point) went out on it for the first time and my sister Brenda and her husband and two kids went with us. Jamie, our brother-in-law, who owns a boat himself, was a great and patient teacher who gave Steve a lot of good pointers. We picked up subs and stopped at a little park and ate our supper. Even though it is kind of windy and the water was a little choppy, it was still so nice and relaxing.
I love anything to do with the water and sun, so am completely thrilled that we now have our own boat to go out in anytime we want and I think our little Sea Ray is going to get a lot of use out of it.
Besides it being able to really get up and go for the fun of a nice fast ride, it also will be great to wakeboard, ski or hydroslide behind and the rack above the boat has holders for them. It will also be used for a nice, relaxing ride in the evenings. One thing Steve and I are looking forward to, once it gets all it's cosmetic changes, is taking friends out on a weekend and going to one of our favorite restaurants Jetty's. It will be nice for a change, instead of driving our car is taking our boat and pulling right up to Jetty's dock and having dinner.
This boat is going to bring a lot of fun and enjoyment into our lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment