Can I just be honest and unburden on you? Lately life hasn't been too much fun for me. I know I have a million blessings to be thankful for, AND I AM, but life just can get you down sometimes in spite of all the good you have in your life. Between being sick almost constantly for three months, all the issues surrounding Connor's regular care and then the near tragedy of him almost drowning and then acquiring another business on top of the one we already had and the stresses that brings, and a surgery coming up that you know you won't be feeling good for several days and on and on, life has just been a little stressful and overwhelming at times.
I handle everything as it happens, but sometimes it can pile up on you and one morning you wake up and just feel like the weight of the world is on you and you just can't see the sunshine from all the clouds that seem to be surrounding your view on things. You just go through the motions of caring for your kids and trying to get over your doom and gloom, but then your sister gives you a call and can tell just by the sound of your voice that something is wrong.
My whole family are my biggest supporters and are there for me at any time I need. I am extremely blessed and fortunate to have them. My mother is sent straight from heaven and will do anything for anybody, but first and foremost for her girls. My Father will bend over backwards to help us with anything he can. At another time I will talk about my parents, but today I want to talk about my sisters.
Brenda has been through so much with me it is almost unbelievable. She was the one with me when I found out we were going to have a son with Spina Bifida, she was my quiet comfort as the doctor was explaining all the things this could entail and held my hand tightly as I had a needle put into my stomach right then and there to have a test done. She was the one there when Connor had his first shunt put in and was holding him when he coded and we almost lost him. She has made countless trips with me to and from Miami for all kinds of visits surrounding Connor's care. She always tells me that I come first over her job. If I need her she is there. The things I have recounted here only start to touch the tip of the iceberg on what she has done for me. On Thursday she is the one taking me to surgery and waiting for hours until I am out and will take me home. She is so busy with her job and homeschooling Jessica and involved in girl scouts with Jessica and taking care of her husband and son Alex, but anytime I call and need her for anything, she is there for me! No questions asked, never expecting anything back. She is my calm and quiet strength during the difficult times, my medical researcher when I have questions and gives me her ear to listen when I just need to talk.
Mary basically became a surrogate Mom to Bryce during Connor's first couple months of life. She would do special things behind the scene since she was a busy mom of three (at the time) and couldn't get away to be with me. She took a picture of Steve, Bryce and I and blew it up and put it into a plastic sleeve to hang on Connor's crib in the NICU that said "We love you and can't wait to take you home when you get all better. Love Daddy, Mommy and big brother Bryce." She would take pictures of Bryce playing or sleeping or eating and having a good time at her house and print them on a paper and send them to me so I could see that Bryce was happy and well cared for. She would send regular updates regarding what was happening with Connor via email to all the friends and family. When Connor was finally able to come home, she threw a big, very nice party at her house, with my Mom and Brenda's help. Again, there were many more things, these are only a few examples. What she did for me today though was so very thoughtful it made me cry.
She had called several times and could tell I wasn't having a good day, but her last phone call was so sweet. Mary had called Steve and asked him if he was free and could be ready to take me out for the evening at 5:30 and he said he would make it happen. She then arranged for Cherra to come take care of our kids and called to tell me to be ready to go out at 5:30 that all arrangements had been made and she would be paying the bill for the babysitting.
It took me so by surprise and of course made me cry (what doesn't do that today?) but it was so sweet and thoughtful of her. If I am down, she will do things to try to make me have a brighter day. Another time when I was down, she know's I love the cheddar cheese popcorn from Karmelkorn and had ordered me a big bag of it to be shipped to my house.
I am so thankful and twice blessed to have two sisters who are also my best friends (three counting my adopted sister Lenita). Thank you Brenda and Mary for being so supportive and for showing me so much love. I can't imagine my life without you and I know I wouldn't be able to handle half of what I have handled without both of you. I love both of you very much and a very happy birthday Brenda and thank you so much for your thoughtfulness Mary!
I handle everything as it happens, but sometimes it can pile up on you and one morning you wake up and just feel like the weight of the world is on you and you just can't see the sunshine from all the clouds that seem to be surrounding your view on things. You just go through the motions of caring for your kids and trying to get over your doom and gloom, but then your sister gives you a call and can tell just by the sound of your voice that something is wrong.
My whole family are my biggest supporters and are there for me at any time I need. I am extremely blessed and fortunate to have them. My mother is sent straight from heaven and will do anything for anybody, but first and foremost for her girls. My Father will bend over backwards to help us with anything he can. At another time I will talk about my parents, but today I want to talk about my sisters.
Brenda has been through so much with me it is almost unbelievable. She was the one with me when I found out we were going to have a son with Spina Bifida, she was my quiet comfort as the doctor was explaining all the things this could entail and held my hand tightly as I had a needle put into my stomach right then and there to have a test done. She was the one there when Connor had his first shunt put in and was holding him when he coded and we almost lost him. She has made countless trips with me to and from Miami for all kinds of visits surrounding Connor's care. She always tells me that I come first over her job. If I need her she is there. The things I have recounted here only start to touch the tip of the iceberg on what she has done for me. On Thursday she is the one taking me to surgery and waiting for hours until I am out and will take me home. She is so busy with her job and homeschooling Jessica and involved in girl scouts with Jessica and taking care of her husband and son Alex, but anytime I call and need her for anything, she is there for me! No questions asked, never expecting anything back. She is my calm and quiet strength during the difficult times, my medical researcher when I have questions and gives me her ear to listen when I just need to talk.
Mary basically became a surrogate Mom to Bryce during Connor's first couple months of life. She would do special things behind the scene since she was a busy mom of three (at the time) and couldn't get away to be with me. She took a picture of Steve, Bryce and I and blew it up and put it into a plastic sleeve to hang on Connor's crib in the NICU that said "We love you and can't wait to take you home when you get all better. Love Daddy, Mommy and big brother Bryce." She would take pictures of Bryce playing or sleeping or eating and having a good time at her house and print them on a paper and send them to me so I could see that Bryce was happy and well cared for. She would send regular updates regarding what was happening with Connor via email to all the friends and family. When Connor was finally able to come home, she threw a big, very nice party at her house, with my Mom and Brenda's help. Again, there were many more things, these are only a few examples. What she did for me today though was so very thoughtful it made me cry.
She had called several times and could tell I wasn't having a good day, but her last phone call was so sweet. Mary had called Steve and asked him if he was free and could be ready to take me out for the evening at 5:30 and he said he would make it happen. She then arranged for Cherra to come take care of our kids and called to tell me to be ready to go out at 5:30 that all arrangements had been made and she would be paying the bill for the babysitting.
It took me so by surprise and of course made me cry (what doesn't do that today?) but it was so sweet and thoughtful of her. If I am down, she will do things to try to make me have a brighter day. Another time when I was down, she know's I love the cheddar cheese popcorn from Karmelkorn and had ordered me a big bag of it to be shipped to my house.
I am so thankful and twice blessed to have two sisters who are also my best friends (three counting my adopted sister Lenita). Thank you Brenda and Mary for being so supportive and for showing me so much love. I can't imagine my life without you and I know I wouldn't be able to handle half of what I have handled without both of you. I love both of you very much and a very happy birthday Brenda and thank you so much for your thoughtfulness Mary!

No comments:
Post a Comment