Yesterday I was having one of those days.
Friday's are very hectic in the morning anyways because I have to not only get Bryce all ready for school, lunch packed, etc. but have to be all dressed and ready for the day myself and get Connor all ready for the day. (Other days I just pick Connor up from bed, hand him a sippy cup, I have just any workout clothes thrown on and I can drop Bryce off at school and then come back home and Connor and I get ready for the day and it makes the morning much less hectic.) Then I have to leave a little early to pick up a friends two children (she brings Bryce home from school for me and I take her two kids to school in the morning. Makes it one less trip for both of us and is great to carpool) I then get all the kids to school and head straight for Jupiter for Connor's therapy. He is still in the middle of the Therapeutic listening and yesterday morning she put him on the hardest CD of the whole pack and he has to be on this one for two weeks. He screamed, cried and complained for the whole time she did this CD and she only got 13 minutes of the half hour he was supposed to do it. She repeatedly told me she didn't envy me and thought it was going to be a very difficult two weeks for me. (That's always really assuring and uplifting and something I really didn't want to hear.)
So we get home from that fun little morning and after lunch it is nap time for Connor. I then had to fight with Connor for over an hour and a half trying to make him stay in bed. He was being a complete and total stinker and so knew what he was doing and just being plain naughty. I spanked, and spoke firmly and did everything short of pulling out my own hair and still he wouldn't stay in bed. I finally had to give up, which I despise doing because I did not want him to win this little war, but I didn't know what else to do.
Steve called at one point and I was not having my best moment and he could tell. When I get extremely frusturated, I cry, and when he asked if I was OK, well, I cried. He called back within a half hour (we were not planning on going anywhere this weekend because we just got through the holidays with lots of going out and spending lots of money, so had decided we were going to hold off from the whole babysitting, going out thing this weekend) told me to be ready to go out at 5:30pm, that he had arranged for a babysitter to be there at 5:30 and he was taking me out for dinner and a movie. (He had called my sister Mary and she had called and arranged for the babysitter for him. She already had Bryce for the night and told me later that if she couldn't find a babysitter she was going to offer to watch Connor. That would have been 6 kids for her and I thought that was so sweet and thoughtful of her).
Needless to say, my husband planning this and getting it all set up and knowing I was going to have a relaxing and quiet night out with just him, suddenly made my day brighter and much more manageable. So Kimberly arrived at 5:30pm and Steve and I headed down to the Cheesecake Factory at Downtown at the Gardens and had a yummy and relaxing meal and then went next door and watched an incredible movie. It was so nice and it made me realize once again how blessed I am to have a husband who is so sweet, thoughtful and who loves me so much and likes to do special things for me.
Thanks babe, you are the best and I love you bunches!
Friday's are very hectic in the morning anyways because I have to not only get Bryce all ready for school, lunch packed, etc. but have to be all dressed and ready for the day myself and get Connor all ready for the day. (Other days I just pick Connor up from bed, hand him a sippy cup, I have just any workout clothes thrown on and I can drop Bryce off at school and then come back home and Connor and I get ready for the day and it makes the morning much less hectic.) Then I have to leave a little early to pick up a friends two children (she brings Bryce home from school for me and I take her two kids to school in the morning. Makes it one less trip for both of us and is great to carpool) I then get all the kids to school and head straight for Jupiter for Connor's therapy. He is still in the middle of the Therapeutic listening and yesterday morning she put him on the hardest CD of the whole pack and he has to be on this one for two weeks. He screamed, cried and complained for the whole time she did this CD and she only got 13 minutes of the half hour he was supposed to do it. She repeatedly told me she didn't envy me and thought it was going to be a very difficult two weeks for me. (That's always really assuring and uplifting and something I really didn't want to hear.)
So we get home from that fun little morning and after lunch it is nap time for Connor. I then had to fight with Connor for over an hour and a half trying to make him stay in bed. He was being a complete and total stinker and so knew what he was doing and just being plain naughty. I spanked, and spoke firmly and did everything short of pulling out my own hair and still he wouldn't stay in bed. I finally had to give up, which I despise doing because I did not want him to win this little war, but I didn't know what else to do.
Steve called at one point and I was not having my best moment and he could tell. When I get extremely frusturated, I cry, and when he asked if I was OK, well, I cried. He called back within a half hour (we were not planning on going anywhere this weekend because we just got through the holidays with lots of going out and spending lots of money, so had decided we were going to hold off from the whole babysitting, going out thing this weekend) told me to be ready to go out at 5:30pm, that he had arranged for a babysitter to be there at 5:30 and he was taking me out for dinner and a movie. (He had called my sister Mary and she had called and arranged for the babysitter for him. She already had Bryce for the night and told me later that if she couldn't find a babysitter she was going to offer to watch Connor. That would have been 6 kids for her and I thought that was so sweet and thoughtful of her).
Needless to say, my husband planning this and getting it all set up and knowing I was going to have a relaxing and quiet night out with just him, suddenly made my day brighter and much more manageable. So Kimberly arrived at 5:30pm and Steve and I headed down to the Cheesecake Factory at Downtown at the Gardens and had a yummy and relaxing meal and then went next door and watched an incredible movie. It was so nice and it made me realize once again how blessed I am to have a husband who is so sweet, thoughtful and who loves me so much and likes to do special things for me.
Thanks babe, you are the best and I love you bunches!

No comments:
Post a Comment