Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bryce's last day of preschool


I can't believe it is Thursday and I haven't blogged since Monday. The week has flown.
Today was Bryce's last day of preschool. It has been an interesting year, and he has learned a lot, met a lot of new friends, and was taught by a really great teacher. Mrs. Herrick is the sweetest lady. She is kind, always calm and truely loves kids. I am so glad that Bryce's first experience with school was with such a great and kind teacher.
He got a little "diploma" and she gave each of the kids a personal gift from her. Bryce's was a shark watch and on the back of the package it teaches you all about sharks. He thinks it is the coolest. She gave Bryce a note that thanked him for always being honest in her class and she thinks he is very smart and special and that she was so glad she was able to get to know him and that Jesus loves him. She also said that she will NEVER forget his show and tell, she thought it was GREAT! (I am not sure if she was talking about the show and tell after we returned from Grand Cayman and I made a big poster board of pictures from the trip and he took in a replica of the stingrays we swam with or if it was the one the day after we went to Disney on Ice and he took in his Prince's sword and told all about the show. With Bryce either one could have been interesting and memorable:)
I for one am glad the school year has come to a close. It has gotten old rushing around in the morning and having to be somewhere at a certain time and having to be completely ready for the day and having Connor at that stage too. I had a hard time waking Connor up sometimes and had to do it early enough to give him his bath, eat breakfast and get him all ready because we had to walk Bryce all the way into school and sign him in and out everyday. The good thing about next year is that I can grab Connor at the last minute and drive Bryce to school and just drop him off right at the door.
For now we are just going to enjoy every moment of our summer! Vacations, boating, beach time, playing at the park, etc.

No comments: