Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My 'niece' Brianna and happy birthday Jesus

I was blessed and lucky enough to acquire another sister, brother-in-law, two nephews and two nieces a few years ago. I love having the Shillington family as part of our family. They fit in perfectly with us and I would do anything for any of them like I would anyone else in my family.
Several days ago Lenita called to tell me that Brianna's pre-school class was going to be having their Christmas party and their theme was Happy Birthday Jesus. Lenita asked me if I could decorate the cake. So my mind got spinning on how I could make it cute, childlike, but also honor the whole meaning of the birthday of Jesus.
I had a little Precious Moments Nativity set and used the Joseph, Mary, baby Jesus, cow and sheep, added a few tree's, some red and green and clear little sparkley sprinkles and wrote happy birthday Jesus and the cake was done and looks cute, childlike and also honors the whole meaning of Jesus birthday, so I accomplished what I wanted to do.
Below is a picture of how it turned out.

No comments: