Sunday, December 3, 2006

Fun at the annual Hobe Sound Christmas parade.


Saturday morning the boys and I slept in a little while Steve had to go do a few yards and then he came home and showered and we all took off around 11:30am for Harry and the Natives, a little restaurant in Hobe Sound, for an early lunch. During lunch it was obvious that Connor was never going to make it sitting out in the hot sun, for a long period of time. He was tired and cranky and Steve offered to take him home and put him down for a nap while Bryce and I went and enjoyed the parade. I love parades, and Steve doesn't care two hoots about them, at least not a small town parade, plus Steve was tired also and sitting home taking a nap sounded pretty good to him.
So Steve and Connor dropped Bryce and I and our chairs off at the parade and they headed for home. Bryce and I joined a bunch of other family members and friends and enjoyed ourselves very much. It was definitely a longer and more unique parade than I ever remember Hobe Sound having in the past. There were three big companies all owned either by a cousin or friends that made it worthwhile to see. James Crocker spraying a huge plume of water out of the top of one of his trucks, Scott Fay passing out loads of beach balls, candy and beads and Anthony Heath had turned one of his port-o-lets into a motorized one and he did wheelie's and doughnuts. It was very funny to watch. There were a lot of great things to see, especially if you see it through the eyes of your child. Bryce was really excited when Aunt Mary came by with her three oldest on a gator and let him ride the rest of the way in the parade with her. He didn't miss a beat, and started waving at the crowd as if he were the Grand Marshall. It was very cute as you can see by the picture above this post.
It's always great to have an annual tradition like the parade to go to with your children and catch up with friends that you rarely see.

No comments: