Tuesday, December 5, 2006

My sweet boy and my old Christmas bear


This bear is something that I got many, many years ago. I don't remember exactly what year I got it, but it is at least 15+ years old. It has come out every year at Christmas time and has always been at my Dad and Mom's house. The nose used to light up with the beat of the 5 different songs it would play, all Christmas songs. The bear still looks good and still plays the songs when prompted by pushing one of it's paws. The lighted nose may need a bulb replaced, but I have no idea if you could even find such a thing and don't want to risk opening the nose, which is sewn shut, and not be able to get it back on right.
I remember Bryce used to love to play with this bear when he would visit Papa and Grandma's house at Christmas time and now Connor LOVES this bear. He loves it so much he didn't want to leave it at Papa and Grandma's house and held it tightly to him when we left there last week and brought it home and marched it into his room and plays with it a lot on a daily basis.
Papa has always enjoyed watching Connor love this bear and isn't super thrilled with the idea that it no longer is residing at his house for him to enjoy watching his special little grandchild with it. We will have to take it there for a visit when Connor goes for his visits.
There are several toys that my Mother kept of us girls when we were kids that my kids can now play with. There is the complete set of Weeble Wobble's (the set is not the original that we got to play with because my Grandmother not being the sentimental sort, threw all of ours away, but several years ago I was at a thrift store and found the exact set we had as kids and with sentimental tears in my eyes, purchased the whole set on the spot), a wind up clock that plays music that is barely moving these days, but Connor still enjoys it. There is a three tiered babydoll bunk bed that my Grandfather Kemmerer made us girls with his own hands several years before he passed away, that is being lovingly restored with paint and new mattresses, sheets and blanket for the only girl in the family who has ever wanted to play with dolls, Kaitlyn Huff. The only other girl in the family Jessica Hendershot would rather play with lizards, snakes, rabbits and such. There are several other toys that my Mother has kept, and our kids can play with when they go over to Papa and Grandma's house, but these few above are the one's that stand out to me.
I couldn't resist this cute picture this morning as Connor was laying on our couch with the bear laying beside him, and just listening to the songs over and over again. The sweet smile on his face was just to precious. I love it when my kids get to play with and enjoy something that I enjoyed myself over the years.

No comments: