
This is where I found Connor last night. Sitting on the floor of our shower, surrounded by every bottle he could find, soaking wet from a recent shower I had taken.
With a roomful of great, noisy toys to play with, Connor has decided that constantly sneaking into Daddy and Mommy's shower and making a mess of the shower and getting himself all wet so that Mommy has to change him, is much more fun.
At the moment I am listening to him through the monitor having speech therapy with his therapist Ms. Kim. He is belly laughing. Some toy she has is making him crack up. I love to hear him laugh and to see him smile, and he does both often.
He has the best team of therapist's and he loves each one of them. On Monday and Friday's we have no therapy and consider that our "free" days. Tuesday we have Physical Therapy early in the morning and Occupational Therapy mid-morning. Wednesday we have Speech therapy mid-morning and Occupational Therapy again late afternoon after nap time and Thursday we have Speech Therapy again mid-morning and then we are done for the week. Thankfully all except for the O.T. late afternoon on Wednesday when we go to Jupiter, the rest are all done here at the house in his own bedroom. When Connor turns 3 this therapy at our house will all come to an end. Then a new journey will begin and we still aren't sure how that will all play out and are in the research stage at this point.
It is amazing how far Connor has come. I got out his baby book a couple days ago to add something to it and after looking at the pictures and reading some of the entries I made, especially while he was in NICU those first two months, I am just amazed at where he is at this point and so thankful for how is doing.
With a roomful of great, noisy toys to play with, Connor has decided that constantly sneaking into Daddy and Mommy's shower and making a mess of the shower and getting himself all wet so that Mommy has to change him, is much more fun.
At the moment I am listening to him through the monitor having speech therapy with his therapist Ms. Kim. He is belly laughing. Some toy she has is making him crack up. I love to hear him laugh and to see him smile, and he does both often.
He has the best team of therapist's and he loves each one of them. On Monday and Friday's we have no therapy and consider that our "free" days. Tuesday we have Physical Therapy early in the morning and Occupational Therapy mid-morning. Wednesday we have Speech therapy mid-morning and Occupational Therapy again late afternoon after nap time and Thursday we have Speech Therapy again mid-morning and then we are done for the week. Thankfully all except for the O.T. late afternoon on Wednesday when we go to Jupiter, the rest are all done here at the house in his own bedroom. When Connor turns 3 this therapy at our house will all come to an end. Then a new journey will begin and we still aren't sure how that will all play out and are in the research stage at this point.
It is amazing how far Connor has come. I got out his baby book a couple days ago to add something to it and after looking at the pictures and reading some of the entries I made, especially while he was in NICU those first two months, I am just amazed at where he is at this point and so thankful for how is doing.

No comments:
Post a Comment